Social Media Manager – Part Time
12 Hours per week
Salary: £16.45 per hour, with a bonus based on performance
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a part-time Social Media Manager to develop and implement a strategy to drive traffic to our networks of sites, in particular, Perth Gazette main website.
You will work closely with the Head of Digital (Tayside Region) to help maintain our active brand across social media platforms during evenings and some weekends.
- Actively share news articles across platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- Proactively schedule content in the appropriate timeslots based on data available
- Monitor developing news stories via online and TV
- Collaborate with the editorial team to develop social content that supports Perth Gazette traffic growth and drives reach and engagement
- Providing support to our community writers, providing feedback and giving best practices on how to use social media
- Passion for social media and news
- Journalism experience would be an added bonus
- Strong writing skills, with a good grasp of tone and appropriate professional awareness
- Highly adaptable
- Experience using CrowdTangle, SocialFlow and Hootsuite would be an added bonus
We are willing to negotiate hours that may fit around a second job, family or other commitments, therefore, you may be required to work from home.
If you can illustrate your passion for social media, tech, and news, please email us with a CV to hello @perthgazette.co.uk