A fire on an electricity pole has left 700 homes without power, SSEN has confirmed.
SSEN received a call around 6.45 pm notifying them of an electrical fire. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was first on the scene. SSEN said 93 supplies remain off in Huntingtower, Tibbermore, and Methven. The remaining supplies are expected to be restored by a generator by 10 pm this evening. It is believed a transformer caught fire with investigations on-going.
Witnesses said grass surrounding the pole was also on fire.