Customers have expressed their disappointment as organisers have cancelled this year’s Part at the Park.
In a statement, the festival organiser said: “We are desperately disappointed to have to announce that Party at The Park will not be going ahead this summer. We have worked hard over the last few years to bring an exciting and vibrant new event to the centre of Perth however, sadly, we have been unable to manage this. We appreciate that this will be hugely disappointing for our ticket holders, many of whom have supported the event by retaining their tickets and rolling over. Customers will receive an email directly from point of purchase with further information in due course.”
Perth Gazette reached out to the festival organiser, who said: ” Suffice to say, we are absolutely gutted that an event which had been in the planning since 2019 was cancelled with only six weeks to go. We completely understand the disappointment of those who had purchased tickets and especially those coming from further afield. Similarly, we recognise the effects this will have on many local businesses we had contracted for producing the event – staging, lighting, sound, marquees, security, loos, first aid, fencing etc. And of course the 56 artists who were looking forward to performing at the event.
We are not the first event to cancel this summer and sadly we fear we will not be the last. We hope that Scottish Government can find solutions to the issues our industry is experiencing to avoid a real crisis this summer. The rising cost of living, higher production costs for staging events, lingering concerns with covid and a saturated marketplace have contributed to the issues we are facing as an industry at present.
It is a little early to think about next year however the support we received from Perth and Kinross Council was the reason we chose Perth in the first place and we would definitely consider a return in future should conditions allow.”
It’s our understanding Perth and Kinross Council had offered full support in this event, however, we have approached Perth and Kinross Council for a comment.
The Courier has since reported that Peter Ferguson who is a former director of Party at The Park has been given a directors ban by UK’s Insolvency Service for allegedly spending a UK Government Covid loan on personal use, the loan of £50,000 was issued to his other business called Beautiful Digital Events Ltd which has not been repaid.
However, Part at The Park boss says the matter is completely unrelated to the cancellation of this year’s event. Mr Ferguson says he has appealed to HM Treasury relating to the ban and the company.
How can I get a refund?
Festival organisers have said emails will be sent out on Wednesday and Thursday who paid directly via the organisers website. Customers who purchased via Skiddle, Ticketweb or similar will be contacted and refunded directly from the third-party seller.