Scottish Fire & Rescue service were called to Dunsinane Drive after a resident raised the alarm.
A crew from Perth attended to the emergency call, made by Eva Christie who stays near by. She said: “Some idiot set a paper bin alight. Called the fire and rescue service to the incident and was about to move the bin away from the cars and van (fuel of diesel/petrol) until I saw that a can of alcohol had been put in as an accelerant.
Got the hell back to a safe distance, shouted out to alert the neighbours and let these amazing guys do their job.”
Police Scotland were unreachable for a comment.
Image: Eva Christie